Imagining and IMAGING!
A Global MONEY MELTDOWN
Dr. Jerry Ackerman October, 2013
Of course, no one wants to. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t poised to happen.
Aren’t the “dots” everywhere evident?
* * *
Don’t we notice huge unemployment, creeping inflation, un-repayable debts at every level of society?
Having robbed taxpayers with “bail-outs” —as in UK, EU, North America, the banksters are relying on purchased parliaments, loony legislators, and corporate media to arrange budgets with “bail-ins” and trade agreements that will facilitate the strangling and destruction of publicly-owned banks everywhere they exist—as with CETA, TPP, EU-US.
The US-led MILITARY-TERRORIST forces ensure success —as in Iraq, Libya, Syria,
Lebanon, Iran, North Korea.
At every meeting of the G20 finance ministers, Billions more SDRs (Special Drawing Rights) are authorized — to extend and compound the impossible-to-repay national obligations.
Capturing as collateral for the debt –the country’s gold, natural resources and publicly-owned energy and infrastructure. These “structural adjustments” are essential aspects of the theft.
Comes the inevitable collapse in value of each nation’s currency, the “ultimate solution”
is intended to be the replacement of ALL debt-based currencies with a brand new global
reserve currency, over which NO judicial or legislative control is possible.
My Question: “Can the intentions of these forces striving to control the lives of everyone everywhere, be thwarted? “
What’s YOUR Answer?
(YES) Then, explain to me how that is to happen.
(NO) Let’s focus on how to prepare to survive and sustain the well-being of the planet and its inhabitants.
Please leave comments in this for everyone to see. If you have comments you would like to discuss privately: email@example.com Snail-mail: Box 457, Annapolis Royal NS B0S 1A0
It’s been FIVE years since I started to take such concerns public. (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
I called the banksters then “financial criminals”– always acting AGAINST the interests of the public at large, conniving with their global colleagues and the political persons they had supported into office — to ensure no meaningful restrictions or obstacles to what they intended to have happen.
I helped the audience to identify some of the villains and some of the trustworthy “heroes”.
My suggested preparation for individuals:
STOP > borrowing
STOP > spending
STOP > trusting someone else with your money and
START > building community and growing food
The next year I staged MONEY talks and discussions at local libraries. A friend videotaped enough to create an hour DVD that we called “Hope is NOT a strategy “.
That same year I responded to a request to help brainstorm a plan to devise a money system fully separate from the existing system – a sovereign currency under the control of indigenous communities.
The enclosed ounce of pure silver is an example of a TRUSTED money that could facilitate community trade and commerce.
This would be in full contrast to a debt-based paper currency manipulated in value by the
private financial institutions and their captive central banks.
NOTE: Further brainstorming is most welcome, in particular from First Nations persons across North America (Turtle Island)
Here are some challenges to be overcome:
Sovereignty…The absolute and independent authority supremacy of power to control the creation, introduction and management of a money system free of private banking intrusion or involvement.
Source of Silver…From the MOTHER, of course.
Mines in the Americas have provided enough for its many uses –a perfect conductor in electronics, beautiful jewelry and coinage, a biocide against bacteria, viruses.
However, all silver mined in the last two decades has been used, and can’t be readily retrieved.
Q. Could tribal funds be found and directed to mine development, ensuring an ongoing supply?
With the banksters manipulating gold and silver prices, mine developers are having difficulty raising funding. And concerns about environmental damage are genuine, as in Chile, where the largest gold miner (Barrick) has poisoned the downstream drinking water with their toxic processing chemicals. Mine developers that share these concerns and agree to share the outcome deserve the support of every 1st Nation tribe on Turtle Island whether or not it is possible for them to provide funding. Although the new pope has been asked, I doubt that the Roman church is about to rescind the papal bulls of the 15th century directing Portugal and Spain in their conquest of the Americas, and insist that the Vatican Bank return the gold and silver. I do know that the Supreme Court levied a “fine” for the deliberate breach of the 1876 Treaty by the US government, and that the money was refused by the Sioux Nations (“we want our land”). Possibly that money can be accessed, along with a portion of the funds resulting from the settlement of the Corbell litigation over the BIA century –long swindles.
(Of course I don’t know. I’m just asking.)
Vault Location: A secure, somewhat central storage place and space somewhere on “the island”. (I do have a suggestion, but I’ll withhold it until I hear from others.)
For my overall suggestion: I quote from an Algonquin chief:
“over the last 200 years of oppression, we have learned to not ask the oppressor for permission“.
I do want to learn from whoever wishes to add to my understanding. If you are concerned about internet interception by police state spies
Send your thoughts to Box 457, Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
Some very important things have happened in the last two years :
- A public banking institute has been formed by Ellen Brown and two conferences held.
- At the first conference, a young lady from Western Ontario shared the stage. Victoria Grant’s 6- minute speech on what’s wrong with Canadian banking and what to do went “viral” on YouTube, reaching over 3 million listeners.
- A website www.occupyourbank.ca whose mission is to educate Canadians re their publicly- owned central bank –the Bank of Canada – was established. That bank (ours) was well-used –to bring the country out of the Depression, fully employ all, fund a war, build a seaway and a highway across Canada, help veterans, young families and old folks, with universal healthcare for everyone. Since 1974, the banksters have taken control and put us all into debt. Every day, every Canadian is paying $5 of unnecessary interest… to the banksters!
- A publicly-spirited think tank Committee On Monetary and Economic Reform has undertaken to force the government to act in the interest of every Canadian instead of acting for the banksters. The initial lawsuit’s adverse decision is under appeal. A request for an injunction to prevent the signing of the trade agreement with Europe (CETA) has been filed.
- Student protests in Montreal evolved into “pots & pans” neighborhood protests that brought down the government of Quebec. A lady chief from a Northern reserve staged a hunger trike within sight of the Parliament buildings — insisting on the enforcement of 1st Nation treaties.
- Four women in Saskatchewan started a protest movement “IDLE – NO – MORE” that resonated nationally and globally.
- A hereditary chief Umeek (of the Nuu-chah-nulth tribe) is sharing the wisdom of previous centuries by writing 3 books about TSAWALK (the concept that all is one, that everything created is connected, that we must recognize this, respect it, and connect with it —in order to sustain the well-being of everything on the planet.) We shared a public talk in Winnipeg in January.
- Paul Hellyer –long term parliamentarian, organizer of the Canadian Action Party, and author of several finance books –led a group of young protestors to “storm” Parliament Hill , proposing an action to restore the use of our Bank of Canada. He has been twice interviewed by Hugh Reilly.
What are YOU planning to do?
What help will you need?
When He (Jerry Ackerman) shouts “CRISIS ! A FINANCIAL CRISIS — deliberate, imminent, and universal “, I (Don Keyman , here) laugh a little , remember that he’s been shouting the same ‘sky-falling’ message for at least 5 years. I laugh more at his name-calling. He says Canadians are ‘Cannuckleheads, de-caffeinated, warmed-over Americans, that try to cross the street to just get to the middle, that apologize for having to apologize.
He even insults those aware of high unemployment numbers, big debts and rising prices for essential items, saying that they aren’t able to fix the situation unless they think “outside the box”.
What “box “? The mind-set that was brought across the Atlantic a long time ago; that keeps accepting comfortable, reassuring messages from whoever is assumed to be in charge, be that the king, the president, the prime minister, premier, mayor.
What does he say is wrong with thinking like this?
First, he says it (the system of governing) was designed to keep effective power away from the people being governed, giving them only limited access occasionally to examine, understand and react usefully to legislation and regulations that affect them mightily–keeping them uninformed, dumbed-down and compliant even when the PUBLIC INTEREST was being abandoned. Then, he says that the system gets corrupted. This happens whenever the decisions, actions and consequences are not shared with the people in a timely fashion, whenever the lines of communication become corrupted and investigative reporters are replaced by stenographers.
The accepted response is a fruitless determination to vote differently on forthcoming occasions.
Jerry does understand some 1st Nations history. He tells about how it was that the Iroquois Confederacy of 6 Nations persisted for ten centuries. Apparently only the clan mothers got to vote. The chosen chief had to give up his personal interests and those of his family, —for the sake of the public interest (the clan and the tribe).
When this did not occur, the chief would be impeached.
Such “bottom-up” governing does appear more democratic than the imported design where vested interests can and do ‘carry the day’ by appointing / electing some one who is committed to serving their interest. Campaign promises are usually empty lies.
So, what exactly is Jerry saying about those “vested interests “ and how and why they maintain the prevailing ‘top-down’ North American governing system, and see to it that their interests are protected, while the interests of everybody else are not. ?
He’s saying that from the very first European boat landing on the shore of this continent, there was NO OTHER intention. The fish, the furs, the wood, the minerals were to be taken, leaving behind a few token gifts, disease and destroyed livelihoods. Tribute for the sponsoring pope or king was required for authorizing the conquest. This “Doctrine of Discovery” –from the papal bulls issued in the 15th century –became ensconced in international law that is still quoted in North American judiciaries.
Here is Jerry’s own dystopian outline of “dirus” –the fearful, threatening evil.
He asks you to examine these details carefully, leaving aside your in-the-box thinking:
- President Barack Obama signed (March 16, 2012) executive order # 13603, giving him the exclusive authority to take over
(a) All forms of energy
(b) All forms of civil transportation
(c) All usable water from all sources
(d) All commodities and products that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals
(e) Health resources – drugs, biological products, medical devices, materials, facilities, health supplies, services and equipment
(f) Induction of citizens into the military against their will
- The Department of Homeland Security is taking delivery of 2717 MRAPs – Mine Resistant Protected vehicles that withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bulletproof glass.
A purchase order has been issued for 1,600,000,000 rounds of bullets (some illegal hollow-point)
- The 3rd Brigade of Marines was re-deployed to the US from guarding the Bagdad airport some years ago, after a military alliance with Canada was formed providing for the sharing of military forces to control civil unrest.
- Construction of a gigantic data storage facility in Bluffdale, Utah sufficient for 100 years of the world’s communications.
- Activation of prison camps by FEMA for the already most imprisoned people. In Canada the crime rate is declining, but plans for mandatory sentencing, more prisons are underway.
- The drafting in secret of locked-down multinational agreements (erroneously called “trade agreements”) that remove all judicial and legislative interference. Canada – Europe (CETA), USA – Europe (TTIP), Canada, USA –Asia (TTP) following through with the World Trade Organization’s ruthless attacks on national sovereignty.
*Every one of these so=called “trade” agreements provides for the plunder of a country’s natural resources and control of its major businesses without regard for environmental or human welfare concerns.
The US-Canadian experience with NAFTA
(a) Stopped the AutoPact “sell a vehicle here, build a vehicle here”
(b) Required 70 % of Canada’s oil production and 60 % of gas produced to flow South, ensured token royalties for tarsands despite immense permanent environmental damage
(c) Gave corporations judicial standing in tribunals to sue the victim country for “lost profits” when hindering their plunder
The intended agreements with the European Union , the Asian countries and North America are drafted on behalf of transnational corporations like Halliburton. Bechtel, Monsanto and global banks like HSBC, Barclay’s, UBS, Goldman, JPMorgan, Bank of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Nova Scotia.
Within the agreement is a “bail-in” provision for a failing bank e.g., when it loses a derivative bet on a change in future interest rates, to pay out to the counterparty the municipal funds, private pensions and customer deposits. (as happened this year in Cyprus and in Poland). Such provisions are operative for private banks everywhere –Europe, US, Canada.
The largest US banks also the “too-big-to-fail” Canadian banks, comingle their assets and “bet the farm” on credit-default-swaps –often on interest rate changes that can be and are manipulated by the financial market traders.
Deposit insurance? The FDIC has $25 Billion. The two largest US banks have roughly one Trillion $ deposits each. Their derivative bets exceed $70 Trillion each. The counterparty has priority. (“Do the math”)
So much for my analysis.
I expect you to be skeptical, even if you’re willing to move your mind outside the box.
So, I invite you to unplug your TV, take to the internet to listen to these trustworthy analysts :
Paul Craig Roberts, Rob Kall, Michael Hudson, Chris Hedges, Michel Choussodovsky, Ellen Brown, Bill Black (reverse alphabetical order)
You’ll find their understanding of the situation at:
Op-Ed, Truthdig, WebofDebt, www.globalresearch.ca, www.occupyourbank.ca, and www.takingbackourcountry.ca